Automated Road Crack Detection System
There has been significant advancement in the development of Automated crack detection for pavement condition over the past five to six years. For one such development, is the emergence of Laser Crack Measurement System (LCMS) developed by Pavemetrics and National Optics Institute (INO).
In partnership with Fugro Roadware, PMS has commissioned a new vehicle ARAN equipped with a Laser Crack Measurement System (LCMS). The LCMS unit can undertake a wider spectrum of defects simultaneously. It is this aspect which is proven as the greatest benefit to the clients and hence providing financial benefits.
- Fully automated detection, classification and rating of transverse, longitudinal and crocodile (fatigue) cracking;
- Fully automated detection of pavement ravelling, potholing and patch deterioration;
- Fully automatic lane marking detection;
- Fully automatic lane drop off detection;
- Fully automated detection of transverse profile and pavement rut depths.